Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TEN THINGS TUESDAY: Summer Salad Edition


It's a balmy and beautiful 80 degrees in Rhode Island today and that gets me in the mood to eat out on our deck.  But nothing too heavy... I think I'm in the mood for a nice, hearty salad.  Yes, you read that right, and here are ten drool-worthy recipes I'll definitely be trying out this summer.

Meaty Salad I'm Loving:  Just the picture for this Thai Steak and Noodle dish from Camille Styles makes my mouth water!



Pretty Salad I'm Loving Display a Classic Cobb in all of its rainbow glory like Babble.com shows here and you've got a pretty and tasty way to serve a crowd.



Avocado Salad I'm Loving, Part 1:  Life's Ambrosia puts a pasta salad spin on a BLTA (that's bacon, lettuce tomato and avocado sandwich) that looks delish.  



Avocado Salad I'm Loving, Part 2:  It doest get much simpler than this Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette from Authentic Suburban Gourmet.



Layered Salad I'm Loving:  Looking for a simple but impressive dish to bring to BBQ's and parties?  This Southwestern Layered Salad from Skip to My Lou will do the trick!



Salad That Will Impress Your Friends I'm Loving:  Who wouldn't be wowed by this Melon and Peach Salad with Prosciutto and Mozzarella from My Recipes?




Tastes Like Greece Salad I'm Loving:  I would eat this Mediterranean Orzo Salad from Centsational Girl every day if I could.  It's THAT good.



BLT in Salad Form I'm Loving:  A Bird and a Bean is brilliant because BLT + pasta = heaven in my book.



Warm Salad I'm Loving:  I usually don't equate warm with salads but this heated spinach number from Eclectic Recipes sounds divine.



Fruity Fishy Salad I'm Loving:  I don't know that I would have thought to put raspberries with scallops but this sassy salad recipe from The Family Kitchen makes me want to ASAP!



Salad Even a Man Will Love I'm Loving:  If your husband is anything like mine, he doesn't consider a salad a meal.  Maybe this Buffalo Chicken version from The Family Kitchen will change his mind.  



So there you have some of my must-make salads for summer.  For more fun recipe ideas, visit my Scrumptious Salads Pinterest Board.

And I'd love to hear about the things you're loving right now!  Share the app, movie, book, craft idea, TV show, whatever that's got you giddy in the comments and your picks might be included in next week's TEN ON TUESDAY feature.  And for more of my favorite things, check out my Pinterest boards!

Please note that this list is made up of things I actually use, read, watch, try, etc. and truly enjoy.  These opinions are my own and I was not compensated in any way to share them here.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!